Te Reo Māori
Te Reo Māori
NZTC has specialised in Te Reo Māori translations for many years in core areas such as health, technology, education and legal for many high-profile New Zealand exporters, organisations and Government departments.
Our large pool of Māori translators and editors are highly qualified and highly experienced linguists who adhere to our long-established Quality Assured Translation process to ensure the highest possible translation quality. Our Māori linguists are also experienced in reviewing/proofreading third-party content, translating source texts from English and in several cases, writing original texts in Māori for publication.
NZTC works closely with Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori (Māori Language Commission) and other government bodies in the development of terminology. As new terms and concepts evolve in English, they also need to be developed in Māori. NZTC’s editors keep up to date with national and international developments in terminology to make sure our translations are consistent with official standards.
Patrick King, one of the original founders of NZTC, has over 30 years of experience in the quality control of Māori translation work. One of Patrick’s key roles is to ensure all quality systems are adhered to. He is also responsible for NZTC’s team of Māori linguists and runs regular internship and training programs.
A summarised selection of our clients for whom we provide Māori translation services for is as follows:
- Technical/IT content: ongoing glossary building and localisation of key terms for one of the world’s top IT companies
- Ministry of Health: translation of communications for the Meningococcal Immunisation Campaign, patient consent forms plus Hepatitis B, National Immunisation, Meningitis, Breastfeeding, Pandemic and HIV testing material
- Ministry of Education: translation of the Code of Practise, kura communications and other official documents
- Ministry of Justice: translation of courts, family safety and coronial documentation, plus a variety of community brochures and policy information
- NZ Qualifications Authority: documentation and high-security translation service
- National Library of NZ: translation of NZ National Library website – www.natlib.govt.nz
- Smokefree New Zealand: translation of various promotional initiatives to encourage smoke-free awareness amongst communities